May 11 & 18, 2013
Rev. Santhosh K. Thadigiri
Registration $140.00/$210.00 Late Registration $160.00/$240.00
Registration Deadline: May 6, 2013
A course designed to give students an understanding of
the importance of Spirit-lead preaching, elements of sermon preparation and
delivery. Emphasis will be placed on the collaborative process of sermon
preparation where the preacher collaborates with the Holy Spirit in the
process of preparing and delivering a sermon. We will gain an appreciation
of the role of the Holy Spirit in illuminating Scripture, gathering the
hearers and effecting change in the lives of the hearers. We will also look
at the practical aspects of sermon preparation and delivery.
At the successful completion of the course, the
student will be able to:
1) Recognize the importance of the work of the Holy Spirit in the
illumination of the Word to the Body of Christ.
2) Understand the purpose of the anointing of the Holy Spirit as it relates
to the preaching of the Word.
3) Understand the centrality of Scripture in preaching.
4) Identify and develop the basic theme of a biblical passage and prepare
5) Appreciate the various forms that a sermon can take and their appropriate
uses in ministry.
6) Understand the purpose and process of preaching for change in both the
preacher’s and hearers’ lives.
Click Here For the Course
Description Syllabus To : "Homiletics
Click Here For the Course Description Syllabus To : "Homiletics" (PDF Format)
Text Books For This
1) Forbes, James A., Jr. "The Holy Spirit & Preaching"
Abingdon Press, 201 Eighth Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203, 1989
2) Garlock, John, "Keys to Better Preaching" Faith
Library Publications, 2000
For Class (Payment)
Registration Options Click Here
(For Site Registered And Non-Registered
Users And Couples)